solar power system is power plants that convert solar energy into electrical energy. Power generation can be done in two ways, namely directly using photovoltaic and indirectly with the concentration of solar energy. Photovoltaics directly converts light energy into electricity using the photoelectric effect. The concentration of solar energy using a lens or mirror system is combined with a tracking system to focus solar energy to a point to drive the heat engine.
Solar cells or photovoltaic cells are devices that convert light energy into electrical energy using photoelectric effects. First made in 1883 by Charles Fritts. Photovoltaic solar photovoltaic is a power plant that uses a voltage difference due to the photoelectric effect to generate electricity. Solar panels consist of 3 layers, P panel layers at the top, a central delimiter, and an N panel layer at the bottom. The photoelectric effect is where sunlight causes electrons in the P panel layer to be released, so this causes the proton to flow to the N-panel layer at the bottom and this proton current is electric current.
What are the advantages of using electricity with solar panels?
– Reduce long-term electricity costs
– Reduce dependence on electricity from coal
– Avoid the impact of blackouts when it has to pursue deadlines, while the computer can not be turned on
– Slightly show off to our friends that we’ve joined the worldwide solar panel user community
– Also, reduces global warming because solar panel systems produce environmentally friendly energy that does not cause pollution.
Before making Solar Power Station (PLTS), we must know what components are needed in making Solar Power Generation, and the required components are as follows:
– Suya / solar module / PV panel
– Solar Charge Controller
– Battery / Accu
– Dc to AC inverter (used to turn on appliances with 220V input voltage, such as TV, Radio, Refrigerator, etc.).